Forum » Straight Talk » Issues that black people face today

Issues that black people face today

Tags : None
  • 1 20

What are some of the top issues that you think people of color face right now?

Why do you think this has happened?

What can we do about it?

April 11, 2016 6:34 PM EDT
    • David Miles
      David Miles All of the above. We are diseased from the virus of the Neanderthal. This cancer MUST be eradicated...
      June 22, 2017
  • Uneducated youth,

babies having babies,

and say no to drugs or selling drugs

This post was edited by Don ... at June 22, 2017 4:47 PM EDT
      April 12, 2016 7:10 PM EDT
  • Don, there are multiple problems we are dealing with. Lets start with the lack of leadership in the homes of our black families. Parents have to teach the youth the value of morals, and not everything in life is acceptable, especially when it defies the laws of God. Being politically correct lessons the value of our society. Punish the kids when they deserve it, recognize their accomplishments and teach them to stand on their own two feet not on the shoulders of others. Don't accept what is being taught, seek the teachings yourself. The truth will surface once it has been revealed, then share it with our brothers and sisters.

May 2, 2016 2:32 PM EDT
  • 1 20

Tyrone, So it sounds like your saying that there are fundamental values, which are currently lacking within our community?

If I understand correctly, what can we do to rectify this? Your film "True Adversity" portrays an example of an inner struggle that a black family has to deal with, and how it took a sense of community to bring a solution to the problem. How do we continue to get all hands on deck, towards re-establishing this? Our people were once very united, but we fell for the Americn dream, that we soon found out was not for us, and ran after the positions, money, power and fame, and forgot the struggle.

May 2, 2016 2:54 PM EDT
  • When my mom was a child the sense of community and the role of a mother was understood and adhered too. The men were men not little boys nor feminine. So I agree Ty and Don...the problems of our youth are obvious and my solutions would be to start demonstrating strong community unity and to
    teach the true gospel of the Most High God.
      May 3, 2016 11:17 PM EDT
  • The biggest issues that I see in our community right now would be:

1) Lack of self ownership (Homes, busineses, institutions, etc...) - Presently, this means you have to go to people who have demonstrated         they hate you or at best do not understand you, in order feed your family.
    2) Lack of community

3) Fragile family structures

4) Horrible self images, our definitions of either sexes are just awful

5) Not to sound like an isolationist, but we will never given a fair and equal opportunity in this country, so we must determine how to cut out       our own segments, with our own commerce, institutions and the likes

May 5, 2016 1:12 PM EDT
    • Don  ...
      Don ... Mike, I agree that our lack of financial IQ and financial power are limiting factors. We have some young talent in Cocoa Soul members Selali Kalevor, and Paul Golden, that will begin to share their knowledge and zeal with the rest of us.
      June 7, 2016
  • 1 20

Mike, Our brother and fellow member of Cocoa Soul, T West, has proposed a solution that we withdraw our families and capital, and unite to relocate and form our own nation state. This will establish our own independance and economic base, and allow us to be the benefactor, solely, of our own blessedness, giftings, talents!

Check out his video:  What do you all think?

This post was edited by Don ... at June 22, 2017 10:51 AM EDT
      May 5, 2016 1:56 PM EDT
  • http://www.gofundme.com/3uevsk0w         Brothers and Sisters Please lets do this together.
      June 20, 2017 4:52 PM EDT